The Land Records MMP is being implemented by Ministry of Rural Development. "Land Records" itself is a generic expression and can include records such as the register of lands, Records of Rights (RoRs), tenancy and crop inspection register, mutation register, disputed cases register, geological information regarding the shape, size, soil-type of the land; and economic information related to irrigation and crops. The Land Records MMP seeks to accomplish the following across State:-
- Completion of all data entry related to digitization of land records
- Provision of legal sanctity to computerized Records-of-Rights (RoRs)
- Setting up computer centres at Tehsils
- Enabling Web access and stopping further issue of manual RORs
In Punjab, the Project has already been implemented partially by Revenue department. Currently citizen can view his FARD record online but certified copy can only be taken from FARD Kendras.
- Land Records data digitized for 12500 villages out of 12993 villages.
- Copy of Land Records (Fard) being delivered across the Counters in 157 Fard Kendras across State of Punjab.
- 1-1.5 Lakhs average citizen service requests of Copy of Land Record (Fard) processed per month